LusNIC is strongly committed to respecting and ensuring the privacy of users of the website and the respective security of your personal data.
In addition to what is referred in the personal data protection policy reproduced below, within the scope of its performance, the LusNIC assumes and recognizes as fundamental a commitment to:
– Respect your privacy and the selection of content you consult on this site;
– Identify and limit the processing of any personal data collected to what is strictly necessary to successfully complete the requested action;
– In cases where it is necessary to collect your personal data, the use of this information is described in the terms of the present document and with respect to the applicable legislation on the privacy and protection of personal data;
– Not to use your data for purposes other than those that have been identified and previously communicated;
– Treat your data according to the applicable legislation, taking into account the security and protection measures that appear as necessary and applicable.
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
in line with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR), LusNIC makes known to the users of its website the general rules for the processing of personal data, ensuring that they are collected and processed in accordance with the provisions of the legislation mentioned.
In this regard, LusNIC intends to ensure observance of best practices in the area of security and protection of personal data by promoting all technical and organizational measures in line with the compliance with the GDPR, ensuring that the processing of personal data is lawful, loyal, transparent and limited to duly authorized purposes.
It is under this framework, and in a logic of clarification of concepts and principles, that LusNIC presents its Data Protection Policy, applicable exclusively to the collection and processing of personal data for which the LusNIC is responsible for its treatment.
Personal data is any information of any nature and regardless of its support, including sound and image, relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject).
It is considered identifiable any person that can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to a name, identification number, location data, identifiers by electronic means or one or more specific elements of its physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
The LusNIC acts as controller and it is responsible for determining the purposes and means of processing the personal data.
Personal Data Processing
The processing of personal data consists of an operation or a set of operations carried out on personal data or personal data sets, by automated means, or not, namely the collection, registration, organization, structuring, preservation, adaptation, recovery, consultation, use, disclosure, dissemination, comparison, interconnection, limitation, deletion or destruction.
Purpose of data processing
In this context, LusNIC treats your personal data based on a legitimate interest and with the goal of:
– Respond to your questions or provide you with information, in particular in the cases where you fill out and send us our forms or use an email address provided by us;
– Develop and maintain this website with the quality and safety intended;
– Provide technical assistance;
– Contribute to the prevention and detection of fraud;
– Allow the registration at our events, training and other initiatives;
– Provide the services inherent to our activity and skills.
In duly identified cases, the processing of personal data by the LusNIC can still be done:
– If LusNIC has obtained your consent, as data subject, to treat them based on specific, explicit and legitimate purposes;
– When it is necessary for the fulfillment of legal obligations.
Data subjects’ rights
As data subject, you can exert the following rights:
– Right of access to your respective personal data;
– Right to rectification of any personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete;
– Right to erasure of your personal data;
– Right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
– Right to portability of your personal data;
– Right to object to the processing of your personal data;
– Right to complain to the Portuguese supervisory authority, the Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados (www.cnpd.pt), should you believe that any of the above rights has been breached.
Processors, disclosure and transfer of personal data
Your personal data may be disclosed or transferred to court authorities, and to any entity to which the law assigns powers in respect of criminal investigation or whose mission is to oversee or ensure compliance with the legislation applicable, in particular, to the protection of consumer rights, intellectual property, communications, security, public health and trade practices in general.
Only personal data necessary for their intended purpose will be disclosed and transferred.
Record retention periods
The record retention periods clearly resulting from the law. In addition to personal data falling within the aforementioned scope, the remaining personal data will be stored and kept as long as necessary for the purpose for which they were collected, not being foreseen, except in exceptional cases which may arise from the need to maintain a record of messages of a particular user, that the storage period exceed six months.
Data Protection Officer
It is the responsibility of the Data Protection Officer to ensure, among other things, the compliance of the data processing with the legislation. .PT has appointed a Data Protection Officer that may be contacted directly, using the following contact details, to clarify any issues related to the processing of your personal data and the exercise of your rights. Contact details: email@example.com
Notification and Complaint
You can send direct notification to .PT, through the contacts indicated below. You can also complain directly to the Portuguese Data Protection Authority, Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados (CNPD), using the contacts made available by this entity for this purpose.
Media and LusNIC website issues: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Security issues: email@example.com
Rua Latino Coelho, nº13, 5º andar
1050-132 Lisboa – Portugal
Any of the foregoing arrangements may be amended in accordance with the law, judicial decision or recommendation of the competent administrative authority.
If this happens, the information will be updated as soon as possible.